For up to date announcements from Boston Public Schools: bostonpublicschools.org/coronavirus
Para anuncios actualizados de las Escuelas Públicas de Boston:: bostonpublicschools.org/coronavirus
For first grade families, teachers sent home work packets and information that can be used during the first week home. Going forward, Grade 1 teachers have created a calendar with daily reading, writing, phonics and math activities that your student can complete at home (available in Spanish HERE). They have also created this sample schedule to help you structure your day if you like. To reach your teacher, please use your Remind App.
Grades 2 – 5
In addition to the work sent home last week and this week, teachers in Grades 2 – 5 have set up their Google Classrooms for sharing information, lessons, links, and activities with students. Directions on access are below, but students should be familiar with logging in from class practice.
Resource Room Students
Ms. Mandel and Ms. Raab have also created Google Classrooms and invited their students to join. There you will find resources, lessons, and other activities for students to engage in at home (in addition to homeroom teachers’ Google Classrooms). If you have trouble logging in using your google account, you can also try using Ms. Raab’s class code: i5d7phw and click here for directions on joining with a code.
Specialists: Science, Art, PE, Music
Our Science teachers, Ms. Ezy and Ms. Moody, have invited students to their Google Classrooms for remote learning opportunities.
Mr. Brussard, our music teacher, has created this website with different categories of songs and musical exercises that our students love.
Our art teacher, Ms. Feeney, has created this website with online lessons, artist bios, inspiration pages, and many links for more creativity.
For Physical Education opportunities, Mr. Robinson suggests these PE resources for K-2 and these PE resources for grades 3-5. You can also catch daily BOKS workouts here live at 12pm weekdays (or archived) or download the BOKS activity calendar for the month!
- Google Classroom Weblink: https://classroom.google.com
- How to Access Google Classroom from Home (website in English)
- How to Join Google Classroom (video in English)
- Cómo usar Google Classroom – Versión estudiantes (vídeo en Español)
If your student needs help to log in, you can contact the homeroom teacher or contact the BPS Office of Information and Technology at 617-635-9200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Clever Backpack for Ed Apps
Teachers have posted their preferred educational apps to students’ digital Clever Backpack. To access these apps, please follow these steps.
- Go to clever.com/login (or download the app)
- Type “Kennedy” as school name and our school should pop up as an option, shown as “Kennedy John F Elementary Boston Pubic Schools.” Click this option.
- Students login via the Google sign-in option. They will need to enter their username (BPS email) and password. Some of our younger students use a badge with a scan code to login.
- For more help, watch How to login to Clever from home (video) or How to use Clever Badge to login (video)